Institute of Town Planners Sri Lanka is planning to form its own Media Unit under the Research & Publication Committee of the ITPSL to effectively manage and channel its media content through social, broadcasting, and print media. The objective is to effectively communicate the existence of town planners and the town planning profession to the general public of Sri Lanka as well as to orient the professional town planning skills and expertise to intervene and make a positive impact with regard to planning related issues/ concerns in Sri Lanka and in the regional and world context.
The Institute is inviting its members who are interested in journalism and digital media technology and also who have a passion for creativity and communication to apply for the following positions of the Media Unit.
- Being a Corporate, Associate or Student Member of the ITPSL or a Member of the Young Planners Forum of the ITPSL or a Member of the TCP Undergraduate Student Society
- Having previous experiences and proof of qualifications (portfolios, course certificates, evidence of previous works) with regard to skills and competencies required to perform the duties of the job descriptions of the applying position
- Covering letter explaining the passion and interest for applying for the intended position (not compulsory, but may add value to the application). The covering letter may be addressed to Chairman, Research & Publication Committee, ITPSL.
- Those who already own required equipment such as cameras, video capturing and editing equipment, and other necessary tools are most welcome and their willingness to utilize such equipment for Media Unit’s activities will be highly appreciated.
- The duly filled applications along with relevant proof of experiences/ qualifications (as relevant) and the covering letter (if applicable) may be forwarded to the email address, [email protected] on or before 21st August 2021.
Key benefits of becoming a member of the ITPSL Media Unit
- Voluntary contributions to the Media Unit are considered favorably when admitting to higher membership categories of the ITPSL.
- Training opportunities to enhance creative and technical skills.
- Recognition and exposure in the media industry