In line with the 40th-anniversary celebration of the ITPSL, the Institute of Town Planners Sri Lanka launches ITPSL Awards 2021 with the purpose of recognizing and appreciating progressive and impactful work done by its members and the industry. The awards were designed under seven categories to address varying planning aspects in the field. The award categories and eligibility criteria by each category described below;
- ITPSL Honorary award
- ITPSL award for planning excellence (Planning processes and Programs)
- ITPSL Award for Planning Excellence (Planning Projects)
- ITPSL award for planning research
- Young Planner of the year
- Emerging Planner of the year
- ITPSL award for Industry excellence
1. ITPSL Honorary Award
This is a lifetime award presented to a fellow member of the institute. The award intends to recognize the immense service made by ITPSL members to the planning profession, institute, and society at large.
- Nominees for this award shall be fellow members of ITPSL.
- Applicants shall submit the application or If nominated by a corporate member the application to be seconded by another corporate member
- Nominations shall be submitted in the specified form with supportive evidences and CV.
- Awarded only once in lifetime
2. ITPSL Award for Planning Excellence: Planning Processes and Programs
This award honours a development plan or a Planning Process/ Planning Program published/gazetted/implemented within the last 4 years (2018-2021) that demonstrates to be Environmentally, Socially, and Economically Sustainable, Specific, Measurable, Assignable, Realistic, and Time-related (SMART). The planning process or program applied for may include one or more areas such as Urban Design, Housing, Urban Regeneration, Inclusive Place Making / Public space, Transport and Infrastructure Planning, Environment Resilience, Technology, and Digital Innovation, and Tourism.
- The Development plan or a Planning Process/ Planning Program shall be Sri Lankan-based.
- The Development plan or a Planning Process/ Planning Program shall be published/implemented/gazette within last 4 years (2018-2021) from the due date of the nomination. Published drafts of plans will not be qualified to be nominated.
- Applications shall provide sufficient evidence that the plan, programme, process nominated for, is related to urban and regional planning and the members of ITPSL has made a significant contribution within the planning team.
- The Development plan or a Planning Process/ Planning Program, once awarded shall not be eligible to be nominated again unless significant changes or improvements have been taken place subsequently.
3. ITPSL Award for Planning Excellence: (Planning Projects)
This award honours a development project or tool implemented within the last 4 years (2018-2021) that demonstrate to be environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable.
- The project or tool, applied shall be Sri Lankan-based.
- The project, or tool, should be implemented within the last 4 years (2018-2021) from the due date of the application. Published project plans will not be qualified to be applied.
- Applications shall provide sufficient evidence that the project, tool, applied is related to urban and regional planning and the members of ITPSL have made a significant contribution within the planning team.
- The project or tool, once awarded shall not be eligible to be applied again unless significant changes or improvements have been taken place subsequently.
4. ITPSL Award for Planning Research
This award recognizes outstanding Regional /Urban planning research papers published within the last 4 years (2018-2021).
- Applicants for this award shall be a corporate members of ITPSL who has authored or co-authored scientific research published in a refereed or index journal within the last 4 years (2018-2021)
5. Young Planner of the Year
This award recognizes the young planner of the year who demonstrates to be outstanding in his/her work related to planning and promising to be making a positive impact on society.
- Applicant for this award shall be either a Student or Associate Member of ITPSL at the time of application due date.
6. Emerging Planner of the Year
This award recognizes planners who demonstrate excellence in their early planning careers with respect to planning advocacy, leadership, innovation, planning enterprising, and achieving planning outcomes.
- An applicant for this award shall be a member not more than 5 years being elected as a Corporate Member at the time of application due date.
7. ITPSL Awards for Industry Excellence
This award honours private developers who aspire ESG principles such as Environmental concerns, Responsible investment, Social concerns and Corporate governance concerns within the development projects.
- Platinum Award
- Gold Award
- Silver Award
- Applicant/s for this award shall be a private developer of a relevant project where the project applied for should have been completed and implemented within the last 4 years (2018-2021) since the application due date.
- The development project nominated shall be Sri Lankan based
6th November 2021 – Announcement of the Award
15th November 2021 – Application / Nomination submission Open
31st December 2021 – Application / Nomination submission Close
01st – 7th January 2022 – Technical Evaluation
10th – 15th January 2022 – Jury
21st February 2022 – Announcement of the shortlisted nominees
21st February 2022 – Shortlisted nominee presentation forum
21st February 2022 – Final Jury
March 2022 – Awarding ceremony
HOW TO APPLY
The completed application/nomination forms together with evidence and Curriculum Vitae of the proposed awardee shall be submitted to [email protected] OR forward through registered post to ITPSL Secretariat on or before the deadline, at 2.00 PM on December 31, 2021.
Category of the Award applying for should be mentioned at the subject line of the email or, at the top left-hand corner of the envelope in case of using a registered post.
Applications received after the deadline will be discarded without acknowledgment.
Institute of Town Planners Sri Lanka
33, CHPB Building,